1. The Holy Scriptures: We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, upon which we should build every aspect of our lives.
2. The Eternal Godhead: We believe the Godhead to be a Trinity, which consists of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. Jesus Christ is Lord: We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His atoning death and in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father. We also believe in Christ's personal return in power and great glory, in His millennial reign and His everlasting dominion.
4. The Plan of Total Redemption: We believe in salvation, healing, and deliverance through the redemptive work of Christ at Calvary. We believe this is a gift of God that is freely received through faith in Jesus Christ.
5. Daily Christian Living: We believe in personal sanctification, holiness of heart and the overcoming life as scriptural requirements for becoming The Bride of Christ.
6. Doing What Jesus Said: In a day when many people profess to be believers, we believe that you must show you are a believer by actually doing what Jesus taught.
7. Believers' Baptism: We will only baptize those who trust in Jesus Christ for their personal salvation and who will confess Him before others.
8. Sexual Sins: We believe that marriage, as God instituted, is a sacred covenant for life and that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Genesis 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matthew 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10.) If such sin remains un-confessed, and the individual remains unrepentant, it will result in the participant's ineligibility to be part of the Kingdom of God. For the same reasons, such individuals will also be ineligible to be a Member of New Day Community Church (Galatians 5:19-21; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8).
9. Gender: We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Genesis 1:26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
10. The Keeping Power of God: We believe that Jesus Christ is able to keep us from falling and present us faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy.
11. We Will Live For All Eternity: We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto resurrection of eternal life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal punishment.
12. The Spirit-Filled Life: We believe in the Baptism with the Holy Spirit as a distinct and separate experience from the New Birth; and that the gifts of the Spirit and His miraculous power are as available today as they were at the beginning of the church.
13. Human Life Begins at Conception and All Human Life is Sacred and Created by God in His Image.: We believe that life begins at conception and that we should provide the same love and protection before the birth of a child, as we would give after. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Ps 139.)
Because God has ordained marriage and defined it as the covenant relationship between a man, a woman, and Himself, New Day Community Church will only recognize marriages between a biological man and a biological woman. Further, the Pastor(s) and Elder Team of New Day Community Church shall only participate in weddings and solemnize marriages between one man and one woman. Finally, the facilities and property of New Day Community Church shall only host weddings between one man and one woman.
Final Authority for Matters of Belief and Conduct: The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of New Day Community Church’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Board of Trustees/Board of Elders is New Day Community Church’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
New Day Community Church is an independent Christian Church that was started over 20 years ago. Our desire as a church family is to grow in the grace and
knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to walk in the fullness and power of the Holy Spirit, and to live our lives in a way that clearly demonstrates the love
and mercy that we have freely received. We would love to have you join us and our prayer is that in doing so, you will feel welcome and you will experience the love of God as you worship Him together with us.
NDCC STATEMENT OF FAITH
Pastor Glenn and his wife Karen were born and raised in Lewis County, New York. They have five daughters and one son. Glenn and Karen began attending New Day when it was named Rhema Fellowship in 2004. In February of 2007 Glenn became then Rhema's Youth Pastor and in February of 2009 he became the Senior Pastor.
Glenn and Karen both have a desire to see the community that they love and call home, come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
Phone: (315) 681-3344
Pastor Elton and his wife Nancy were trained for ministry within our congregation and also attended Hebron Ministerial Institute for two years. Elton was ordained by Rhema Fellowship as an Assistant Pastor in 1990. They worked with the previous founding Pastor in short-term missions and putting on seminars.
Elton and Nancy have three grown children who are in Christian ministry and have four grandchildren. Elton also works part-time outside the church.
Phone: (315) 346-6701